11.30.2009 § Leave a comment
Could it be true?
Collabs of all collabs?
While we wait for Rodarte’s line (countdown 19 days until it hits Target), and Jean Paul Gaultier’s to hit in February, here is one you can draw a big red heart around, April 25th, Zac Posen for Target’s Go International line.
No idea what his inspiration will be, nor the price point, but in the past, Go Collections have ranged from $15-$150. Let’s see if Posen’s line is anywhere close to that – knowing that the designers’ collections usually vary from $900-$12,000.
Available until April 25th-May 30th.
I know the line will be long that spring day!
11.30.2009 § Leave a comment
So, if you love MTV’s The City as much as I do, I just read J-14’s interview with the loud spoken, red pouted Roxy, Whitney’s friend and roomy in NYC.
I am sharing it below so you can read her thoughts on New Moon, rumors on dating Justin Bobby and her friendship with Whit.
Enjoy City Lovers!
J-14: Are you happy to be on The City over to The Hills?
Roxy Olin: Yes. I know the people from L.A., and they have a great thing going, but if I were to enter now it would be really hard. What I love about being in New York is that I get to work for Kelly Cutrone and in fashion, and I really love New York City!
J-14: What is Whitney like off-camera?
Roxy: Whitney’s a goof ball — she’s so much fun. She’s really spontaneous, and I don’t think they show that [side] much. She parties harder than I do and they don’t make it look like that! She’s definitely a fun, spontaneous girl.
J-14: What’s the best place to visit in New York City?
Roxy: The ice skating rink [at Rockefeller Center].
J-14: Are you excited for the New Moon premiere?
Roxy: I’m pretty excited. I won’t go for a little bit until it calms down, but I’m going to go because I gush over Edward. I’m not normal at all!
J-14: Are there any rumors you really want to clear up?<
Roxy: I'm not dating Justin Bobby!
11.27.2009 § Leave a comment
Recognize Gossip Girls’ Upper East Sider?
Yep! It’s Leighton Meester performing her new single “Somebody to Love” while Pete Wentz took on the turntables at American Eagle Outfitters Flagship Store Opening Party in Times Square in NYC.
The new American Eagle store is 25,000 square-feet in the heart of Times Square where on the main floor, celebrity guests such as Jessica Szohr, Adrian Grenier, Ashlee Simpson and Michelle Trachtenberg showed up to watch Meester take on the mic.
What do you think of her outfit?
Not very Blair…
11.27.2009 § 3 Comments
SEVENTEEN MAG recently posted “7 Things you didn’t know about Miley” Article, so in case you missed it, I am recapping it here:
1. Miley Likes Cheap Thrills! “One day we were driving with my sister, and we went to the army surplus store, and the paparazzi were extremely confused, especially when I came out with a bunch of shopping bags.”
2. Miley Doesn’t Care About Dress Codes “I don’t like dressing up that much, even for dressy kinds of parties and stuff. I like being more casual. I would much rather come underdressed than overdressed.”
3. Miley Hates High-Waisted Pants “My least favorite trend would definitely be high-waisted jeans. I like wearing my jeans low with Converse, and I was just not a fan. But when I started designing with Max [Azria], we did high-waisted shorts, and I said, ‘Okay, I can rock these.'”
4. Miley Shares a Stylist with Nicole Richie and Ashlee Simpson “I share a stylist with Nicole Richie, so it’s really cool to see something from her line and be able to ask Nicole where she got it or what her inspiration was. I’m in a cool position where the fashion icons that I have are available to me, and I can learn from them.”
5. Miley Doesn’t Shop Online “I love instant access; I’m an instant gratification kind of person. That’s why I don’t shop online, because I can’t wait for the three days for it to get to me.”
6. Miley Doesn’t Want to Be in the Limelight Forever “I think one day I’ll live on Tybee [Island, where “The Last Song” was filmed]. That’s where I see myself 10 years from now. I could see myself wanting to just chill out and be somewhere like that. And that’s where I feel at home, where I feel like my heart is.”
7. Miley Didn’t Originally Have a Good Impression of “The Last Song” Co-star Liam Hemsworth “So I heard a rumor that he didn’t really want the role, and so when he came in to audition for the role, I’m thinking, ‘Here’s this guy, he’s amazingly good-looking, super-confident, and he doesn’t realize how blessed he is to be in this room, because I know how blessed I am. This is such a big opportunity for both of us.’ And I was thinking, ‘Ugh, gross,’ you know? Then I started talking with him, and he was just the most genuinely precious, sweet person. And the second audition comes around, and the chemistry was instant. From the time he walked in that door and we saw each other again, we [both] lit up, and we were excited to get work and learn together.”
11.27.2009 § Leave a comment
11.24.2009 § 1 Comment
So apparently he is the Justin Timberlake meets Usher in Korea.
I knew I heard/seen of him before I saw this film last night!
Yes. I saw the pre-screening last night and Yes…Easily one of my top films ever next to Le Fabuleux destin d’Amelie Poulain. What a mix in the same list right? But both are passionate lovers of obviously different elements.
11.24.2009 § Leave a comment
Whit’s mentor, Fashion Publicist, Kelly Cutrone says it like it is.
Why can’t my boss be so blunt like this? Straight to the point.
Divine Subjects: Anal probes, charity, and everyone treating the world like fashion week to make a difference.
No… really, she speaks about her goals and upcoming release of her first book, including a 3 second segment about anal probes.
The impending tome will be “a real girl’s guide to the real fucking world.”
The berating persona she exudes in The City and The Hills where she’s giving scary, sober advice to girls like Lauren and Whitney, who both nod gravely while trying not to pee themselves… basically it’s what us girls need sometimes. Not some version of the world seen behind pink tinted heart-shaped shades… It’s not a whip-creamed version of the world.
Who knew that under that harsh on-screen front, she has a heart of gold wanting to help young women achieve their goals and outreach work.
“It’s kind of a pop culture fourth wave of feminism book”
“It’s not like a how-to book so much as a kind of power girl’s guide,” she said. Topics to be covered will include how to get your first apartment, why it’s important to leave a place if you feel like you’re going to cry, how to buy lingerie and how to tell the difference between a slant six and a V8 if you’re in the market for a muscle car.
Space is already reserved for my bookshelf for the book coming out on March 2010.